Monday, January 1, 2018

So long 2017

2017

A year ago, we kicked off 2017 in NYC after a night at Times Square with some great friends. We spent a lot of time traveling and had some great opportunities to meet some new people and build some pretty fantastic friendships. We went to Carmel for girls' weekend, camping, Barcelona and Madrid, Mexico, Chicago, Hiking at Turkey Run, Cincinnati Reds game, and went to Indy to watch Peyton be inducted into the Ring of Honor and have his jersey retired. Never miss a moment with 18! After 11 years of coaching at NorthWood, we finally won a Sectional Title. This team was a blast and we had a very fun season. Love my girls.

We became more involved in our church at Plymouth Community and connected with a Community Group that we adore. We have a great group who share many of the same passions despite all of our differences. We are truly connected and we are looking forward to seeing where God takes us as a group, and as a church in this next year. 

2017 had so many strengths and blessings. Sometimes those get lost on us throughout our day to day struggles. Taking time to reflect today, I cannot help but be humbled and grateful for the path that God has placed me on and those He has chosen to place before me. Whether through relationships at work, community, or church, I continue to be surrounded by the right people at the right time for the right reasons. I had the opportunity to participate in The Journey this year and while I cannot accurately or appropriately explain this to anyone outside of this group, it has been life altering. I have met some amazing people who helped reignite my passion for the work I do, reminded me that there is a lot of positive things out there happening for youth, and there are a lot of really dedicated people doing tough work.

I'm not going to say 2018 will be a New Year, New Me. That isn't going to happen. I hope to be more health conscious. I hope to work on my physical, emotional, and spiritual health every day. I'm still going to advocate for those who cannot advocate for themselves. We have to keep fighting for others. I'm not going to stand by and watch a bully ruin our country. And, by that I mean, I will not believe that he has the ability to destroy the work we do every day. I will not believe that he has the ability to destroy the love we have for one another. And, I will stand up to it, and anyone that bullies others. As we are called to do.

Wishing you all the best in 2018. Don't let it pass you by. Hold onto those you love. Let go of those who hold you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment